Sunday, September 19, 2010

I love daisies. They're so friendly. Don't you think that daisies are the friendliest flower?!

I do.

Today, I fought a loneliness similar to what I imagine Kathleen Kelly from The Shop Around the Corner felt when she was hanging Christmas ornaments on the tree and thinking of the Joni Mitchell song, "I wish I had a river I could skate away on...."

So what did I do to combat the loneliness? Why, bake of course!

I began with a loaf of my favorite bread. While that was baking, I began mixing up a batch of molasses cookies. (Not going to lie, they're really good...almost like a gingersnap!)

While my molasses cookies were baking, I sliced up an onion and a jalapeño and started a delicious black bean soup (cheap, delicious, and tastes GREAT over rice!).

Then, I proceeded to take a bite of a cookie and lick my fingers afterwards. Terrible idea and now my lips/tongue are burning from the remnants of the jalapeño on my fingers.

Did I mention I'm watching "You've Got Mail" throughout this entire afternoon/evening?

I am so proud of you for consolidating your loans. You are one gigantic step ahead of me. What are your interest rates looking like these days?! I am hoping to get mine below 6.8%.

Don't you worry there my honey, I'll be picking up some delish FingerLakes wine for our reunion. I'm even thinking a Tony's Blush, but only because I love you more than life itself. I think part of our moleness/soulness is because we love wine. And mexican food. And helping people. And the three of those together actually is our ideal life.

So I've been thinking a lot about this whole going to live in France as the future Mrs. French Vanilla and the only thing I'm not looking forward to is being 6 hours ahead of you. That means when I'm ready for bed, you'll be at work. So we'll have to make sure I can still call and say goodnight.

One time, in the Philippines, I went to a series of talks on Theology of the Body. If you're interested, I have 10 CDs of Christopher West's description of Theology of the Body. I also have the definition of the concupiscence of man. (see http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04208a.htm for further explanations).

In other news, I went to Whole Foods today. It was nice. I also found this adorable little town with a precious little co-op and GUESS WHAT! 10,000 Villages! It's right there, across the street from the co-op. Oh you would just love it here.

I miss you and love you, Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment